Thought I’d share another diabetes-inducing recipe! This baked chocolate cheesecake is delicious, and much cheaper than versions that use cream cheese and creme fraiche. Give it a try!
200g chocolate digestive biscuits
50g butter, softened
200g chocolate (I usually use one slab of dark and one of milk)
100ml double cream
2 organic eggs
85g castor sugar
500g (2 tubs) creamed cottage cheese
- Lightly grease the sides of a 20cm diameter springform tin and preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Roughly break up the biscuits and process in a food processor along with the butter until crumbly but coming together. Press into the base of the tin.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave (make sure to check it frequently) and stir in the cream.
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until thick and pale. Beat in the cottage cheese, fold in the chocolate and cream mixture and pour into the tin.
- Bake for one hour and then switch off the oven and leave to cool.
- If you want to make an Easter cheesecake like mine, make a little nest of speckled eggs and shaved chocolate curls 🙂